When the time comes (prematurely or not) for your assets to be distributed according to your wishes, it is critical to have proper estate planning measures in place. We work with you and your legal representatives to ensure your hard-earned estate has been passed on as per your bequeath.
Estate Planning is all about ensuring you maintain control of your money even when you are no longer around. It is a lot more than simply having a will. There are so many questions you need to think about, and have addressed appropriately, to be confident that what you want to happen actually does.
· Is it important to leave money to the kids or just the house?
· Are there special needs or bequeaths you want addressed?
· Who do you want to be your voice if you can no longer speak?
· Are there any extended family issues?
· Do you need to consider asset equalisation?
Our role is two-fold. We will help you understand and form a view around all of the relevant questions so that you can approach estate planning in a logical and constructive way. We can also work closely with legal advisers where appropriate. Our discussions with you will cover: